The web-counter indicates that there have been visitors to this page since 5 October 1995.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- About the Author of the Home Page
- Recent Publications
- Research interests
- Interesting Web Sites
- Professional Economists
- Wedding Speech
- Course Materials
- University Contact
- U.S. Economic and Financial Data
- Guest Register
About the author of the home pageAbdol Soofi is a Professor of Economics at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville. He received a doctoral degree from the Economics Department, the University of California, Riverside in 1981. He has taught undergraduate courses at the UW-Platteville and graduate courses at the MBA programs at the School of Business Administration, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, California Polytechnic State University, Pomona, and Golden Gate University in California. He was a Visiting Scholar at the School of Business Administration, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, from September 1998 until August 2001. He was also a Visiting Scholar at Institute of Systems Science, Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China, as well as a Visiting Scholar at the School of Management, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, China.
In addition to publishing scholarly papers in various learned journals in the fields of economics and international finance, Abdol has published a book on international business, and co-edited a book Modeling and Forecasting Financial Data: Techniques of Nonlinear Dynamics with Dr. Linagyue Cao.
- China's Exchange Rate Policy and the United States' Trade Deficits [Downloadable PDF]
- A New Definition and Framework for Development of National Technology Strategy: the case of nanotechnology for Iran[Downloadable PDF]
- Testing for Long Memory in the Asian Foreign Exchange Rates [Downloadable PDF]
- Transmission of economic shocks across the Pac Rim economies
- Measuring the Complexity of Currency Markets by Fractal Dimension Analysis
- Causal Linkages Among Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Hong Kong Stock Markets
- Modeling and Forecasting Financial Data: Techniques of Nonlinear Dynamics, Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2002.
- Prediction and Volatility of Black Market Currencies: Evidence From Renminbi and Rial Exchange Rates.
- ARFIMA Modelling and Persistence of Shocks to the Exchange Rates: Does the Optimal Periodogram Ordinate Matter?
- Nonlinear Forecasting of Noisy Financial Data.
- Economics, Population Biology, and Statistical Physics: The Sciences of Many-Body Systems, Econophysics Forum, November-December, 1999
- Nonlinear Deterministic Forecasting of Daily Dollar Exchange Rates
- Nonlinear Deterministic Forecasting of Daily Peseta-Dollar Exchange Rate
- A Fractional Co-integration Test of Purchasing Power Parity: The Case of Selected Members of OPEC
- A Practical Guide to International Business
- The Long-Run Economic Relationships: An Optimization Approach to Fractional Integrated and Bilinear Time Series
- Structure of Production, Economic Policy, and Performance: The Case of Japan, the Republic of Korea, and the United States
- Economics of Ibn Khaldun Revisited [Downloadable PDF]
- Nonlinear deterministic prediction of daily dollar exchange rates
- The Bayesian global optimization approach in estimation of the ARFIMA models
- International business
Interesting Web Sites on Fractals, Chaos, and Deterministic Nonlinear Dynamics:
Visit this web page owned by Professor Clint Sprott of Physics Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison, for beautiful, animated pictures of fractal structures. Visit the web page owned by Dr. Lianguye Cao for very informative materials on deterministic nonlinear dynamics.
Professional EconomistsVisit this site at the United States' Department of Labor, Burea of Labor Statistics, if you want to know what economists do, the types of jobs they get, their starting median salary, and the prospects for employment of economists in the next decade.
GDP, Inflation, Unemployment, Exchange Rates, and ... Data
- U.S. GDP, Exports, Imports, 1947-I to 2003-IV
- Components of U.S. Quarterly GDP
- U.S. GDP delator
- U.S. Gross Domestic Product: Quarterly and Annual Data: 1946-1995.
- U.S. Consumption Expendirure: 1946-1995.
- U.S. Gross Private Domestic Investment: 1946-1995
- U.S. Government Expenditure: 1946-1995
- U.S. Exports: 1946-1995
- U.S. Imports: 1946-1995
- Monthly Unemployment Rate: 1948.1-1996.12
- Annual GDP Deflator and Inflation Rate: 1960-1997
- Net Interest Paid by Federal Government: 1959.I-1994.IV
- USD Daily Spot Exchange Rates:1994.1/03-1997.1/31
- Federal Reserve Board Data Base
- Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Exchange rate data and graphics web site at the University of British Columbia, Canada
Tehran Stock Exchange
- Tehran Stock Exchange . Provides both current and historical individual stock price and stock price index data since 1997
A Wedding Speech
University Contact Information:You may reach me at/ Soofi@uwplatt.edu / (608) 342-1834 / Fax: (608) 342-1122.
My mailing address is:
Department of Economics
University of Wisconsin-Platteville
Platteville, WI 53818-3099
I am interested to know about the individuals who visit my home page. Please take a few minutes to complete this form and send it to me. Thanks.