Apparently, with the release of Adobe Reader X, Adobe has changed its API, whatever that means. To me, it means that when I use PDFTeXify via WinEdt 5.5, I get lots of error messages and interruptions.
After a bit of work with Google, I've resolved my issues -- probably just in time for Reader XI. I decided to record the changes I made, all in one place, in case it might be helpful to you. Of course, this information comes without any warranty: you can do whatever you want with it, but I will not take any responsibility for the results.
Regardless, here's what I did: your milage may vary.
Under the WinEdt installation folder:
Update (11 Feb 2013): As predicted, Reader XI has already been released. The solutions above still work for me, except that I had to change both instances of "acroviewR10" to "acroviewR11".
Update (16 Feb 2018): Acrobat Reader DC does not seem to work with old versions of WinEdt. I switched to Sumatra PDF, which works well with my WinEdt 5.5. See section 2.3 of the WinEdt Quick Guide for hints on setting up WinEdt to work with Sumatra PDF. For WinEdt 10 or later, see this answer on Stack Exchange.
Return to my homepage
(last update 2018-02-16)